- Mon, 22 Sep 2014The New Wave Of Ibero American Cinema Presents: "Chinese Takeaway" ("Un cuento chino") - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 7:00 PM
- Thu, 25 Sep 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Fri, 26 Sep 2014Trible Library Chamber Music Series - The Rotunda 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
- Fri, 26 Sep 2014Family Weekend 2014 - CNU Campus 2:00 PM
- Fri, 26 Sep 2014CNU Study Abroad Fair - David Student Union, Breezeway 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM
News & Events
CNU to Host Holocaust Memorial Program
(Newport News, Va.) -
Christopher Newport University’s Genocide Studies Endowment and the United Jewish Community of the Virginia Peninsula will present a Holocaust memorial program on Sunday, April 22, 2012 at 2 p.m. in the David Student Union Ballroom.
The program will include a memorial to survivors of the Holocaust as well as the announcement of the winners of the Holocaust Writing Competition. Dr. Theodore R. Reiff will then deliver a lecture, titled “Subversion of the Learned Professions: Nazi Medicine,” which will address war crimes committed by Nazi physicians during World War II.
Dr. Reiff has had a long career in medicine and advocacy for the elderly, the disabled and the handicapped, most recently serving as a professor of medicine and head of the Division of Geriatric Medicine at Eastern Virginia Medical School. He is the founding president of the National Genocide Education Project, past president of the Mid-Tidewater Medical Society and a fellow of the American College of Physicians, the New York Academy of Medicine and the American Geriatric Society.
For more information, contact Dr. Anthony Santoro at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.