- Wed, 12 Mar 2014A Career in the Arts: Q&A with Struan Leslie - Ferguson Center Rehearsal Hall 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Thu, 20 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014Relay for Life of CNU - Freeman Center Field House 7:00 PM
- Sat, 22 Mar 2014"Jazz for Justice" - Jazz Ensemble Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:30 PM
News & Events
The Torggler Summer Vocal Institute
(Newport News, Va.) - CNU has established the Torggler Summer Vocal Institute (TSVI), a prestigious two-week residency program for emerging young singers who wish to train with world-renowned vocal pedagogues and performers. TSVI is made possible by a generous gift from George and Mary Torggler, retired entrepreneurs and longtime supporters of the arts and education. They also are the parents of a CNU senior and vocal performance major.
TSVI will expose students to critical theories while developing a wide variety of essential performance skills during a two-week intensive artistic experience. All voice lessons, coaching and master classes will be taught by leading performers, teachers and scholars. Skill-classes and workshops — including private lessons, vocal health, sight-singing skills, ensemble singing, diction, dance, acting, and movement and stage combat — will be offered. A maximum of 50 students will be chosen to participate each year.
To date, visiting pedagogues for summer 2013 will include internationally acclaimed lyric-coloratura soprano Costanza Cuccaro and nine-time Grammy Award winner and founding member of The Manhattan Transfer, Janis Siegel. The Manhattan Transfer is confirmed as one of two headline groups for the institute. Additional artists will be announced in spring 2013.
The Torggler Institute encourages qualified rising high school juniors and seniors and college students to apply. Visit www.tsvinstitute.org for details.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.