- Tue, 11 Mar 2014My Case is Altered: A Panel Discussion - Trible Library 209 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
- Tue, 11 Mar 2014Dominion Power: Career Panel Discussion - Luter Hall 121 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM
- Wed, 12 Mar 2014A Career in the Arts: Q&A with Struan Leslie - Ferguson Center Rehearsal Hall 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Thu, 20 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
News & Events
The Dean William Parks Colloquia Presents
(Newport News, Va.) -
The Christopher Newport University Dean William Parks Colloquium Series will present the lecture "America's China and China's America: Rethinking the Past Two-and-a-Half Centuries," featuring Professor Dong Wang of the University of Turku. The lecture will take place on Wednesday, March 27, 2013, at 4 p.m. in the David Student Union Boardroom, and is free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
The U.S. and China have taken root in each other – becoming two of the world’s great powers over nearly two-and-a-half centuries. Steeped in a realist race for markets, resources and power on a global scale, the Sino-American encounter has yielded four mutual images in public discourse across the Pacific. These historical perceptions include the China market vs. the U.S. Open Door Policy, red China vs. imperial America, the return of China vs. the allure of the U.S., and the China issue vs. the contentious hegemon.
Wang is professor of contemporary Chinese history and director of the Center for East Asian Studies at the University of Turku in Finland, and a research associate of the Fairbank Center for Chinese Studies at Harvard University.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.