- Mon, 01 Sep 2014Labor Day: Classes will meet - CNU Campus All day event
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
News & Events
The Sue Ann & Bill Bangel Lecture Series presents "American Jewish Humor: A Celebration!"
(Newport News, Va.) - The Sue Ann and Bill Bangel Lecture Series in Judaism at CNU will present “American Jewish Humor: A Celebration!” on Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2012, at 7:30 p.m. in Gaines Theatre. The event is free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
Dr. Marc Lee Raphael of the College of William & Mary will compare Jewish and American humor, and discuss how the best Jewish humor includes an underlying anger, whether at injustice or family grievances. Raphael will also share some of his favorite jokes as he examines what makes a joke "Jewish."
Raphael is a reform rabbi and the Nathan and Sophia Gumenick Professor of Judaic Studies at the College of William & Mary. He earned both a BA and a PhD at the University of California, and is also a senior Fulbright lecturer, a member of the board of trustees of the Council on Spiritual and Ethical Education, and a member of the executive board of the American Jewish Historical Society. He has published widely on the history of Jews and Judaism in America.
For additional information, please contact Dr. Graham Schweig at email@example.com.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.