- Mon, 01 Sep 2014Labor Day: Classes will meet - CNU Campus All day event
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
News & Events
CNU Announces Dedication of the Windsor Center for Health and Counseling Services
(Newport News, Va.) - Christopher Newport University will host a dedication ceremony in honor of the opening of the Dr. James C. Windsor Center for Health and Counseling Services on Friday, Feb. 10, 2012. A tribute to Windsor will take place at 4:30 p.m. in Gaines Theatre, followed by the dedication. A reception and tours of the new wing will immediately follow.
Dr. Windsor became the second president of Christopher Newport in 1970. A West Virginia native, he served in the U.S. Marine Corps during the Korean War and was decorated for valor. He earned a bachelor’s degree from the College of William & Mary and a master’s from Colgate Rochester Divinity School. Windsor later completed another master’s degree in psychology at Virginia Commonwealth University and a doctorate at the University of Virginia.
Dr. Windsor joined Christopher Newport as a faculty member in 1962 and founded the counseling center and psychology department, as well as the evening college and summer school programs. Upon leaving the presidency in 1979, he returned to teaching briefly before founding the Personal Development Institute, a counseling and educational organization in Williamsburg. Windsor also served as chairman of the Virginia Mental Health Board and was a longtime board member of the Sarah Bonwell Hudgins Foundation.
CNU’s Freeman Sports and Convocation Center expansion and renovation project was completed in 2011, and added 67,000 square feet of state-of-the-art gymnasium, fitness and meeting spaces, including the new Windsor Center for Health and Counseling Services.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.