- Wed, 12 Mar 2014A Career in the Arts: Q&A with Struan Leslie - Ferguson Center Rehearsal Hall 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Thu, 20 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014Relay for Life of CNU - Freeman Center Field House 7:00 PM
- Sat, 22 Mar 2014"Jazz for Justice" - Jazz Ensemble Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:30 PM
News & Events
Bullying Prevention: Community Solutions to a Community Problem
(Newport News, Va.) - Christopher Newport University and the National Center for the Prevention of Community Violence will host Bullying Prevention: Community Solutions to a Community Problem on Friday, March 9, 2012, at the David Student Union. This day-long conference for educators, youth service providers, parents and community stakeholders will focus on solutions to bullying that can be implemented in the classroom, at home and throughout the community. Dr. Jackson Katz, an expert in gender violence prevention will be the keynote speaker.
Dr. Katz is internationally recognized for his groundbreaking work in gender violence prevention education in schools in relation to bullying, the sports culture and the military, as well as for his pioneering work in critical media literacy. For more information, please visit www.Jacksonkatz.com.
The mission of the NCPCV is to create new pathways for communities to react with passion to the wave of youth violence sweeping America and Canada, and to share what we have learned with every community we can engage in the crisis. There is something we can do about the epidemic of youth violence.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.