- Wed, 17 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Harrison Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014Spain: Centro Mundolengua Interest Meeting - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014Study Abroad "Tropical Ecology in Costa Rica" - Forbes Hall 2070A 5:30 PM
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014Study Abroad Math and Physics in Europe Meeting - David Student Union, Harrison Room 7:15 PM
News & Events
Virginia Governor Robert McDonnell to Speak at 2012 Commencement
(Newport News, Va.) -
Christopher Newport University announced today that Virginia Governor Robert F. McDonnell will be the keynote speaker at CNU's spring commencement on Saturday, May 12, 2012.
"We are honored that Governor McDonnell will deliver our commencement address as we celebrate CNU’s 50th anniversary and hold our first graduation ceremony on the magnificent Great Lawn. Higher education in Virginia has never had a more committed champion than Bob McDonnell, and I know the governor’s words will instruct and inspire our 1,000-plus graduates," said CNU President Paul Trible.
Information regarding CNU's 86th commencement exercises and a schedule of events can be found at http://commencement.cnu.edu/.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.