- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Asian Studies in China - David Student Union, Monroe Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
News & Events
"The Role of Faith in Conflict Resolution and Peace Establishment"
(Newport News, Va.) -
The CNU Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies and the Rumi Forum will present a panel discussion titled "The Role of Faith in Conflict Resolution and Peace Establishment" on Wednesday, Feb. 29, 2012 at 7 p.m. in Gaines Theater. The event is free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
Although all religions profess that their tradition promotes peace and aims to establish harmony among diverse people and nations, there is, paradoxically, very little peace in the world. In this panel / symposium, the speakers will, from the perspective of their faith tradition, analyze the role of religion in conflict resolution and peace establishment. The traditions discussed in the panel will include Islam, Judaism, Christianity and Hinduism.
Rumi Forum was founded in 1999 with the mission to foster interfaith and intercultural dialogue, stimulate thinking and exchange of opinions on supporting and fostering democracy and peace all over the world and to provide a common platform for education and information. Please visit www.rumiforum.org for more information.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.