- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Asian Studies in China - David Student Union, Monroe Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
News & Events
Books by Our Bay, Meet the Authors: A Day of Mysteries!
(Newport News, Va.) -
Free and open to the public.
Christopher Newport University’s Writers' Conference and LifeLong Learning Society (LLS) will present Books by Our Bay, Meet the Authors: A Day of Mysteries! on Saturday, Feb. 25, from 10:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. Books by Our Bay is a new outreach program designed to connect Hampton Roads' readers with award-winning authors. Mystery writers Andy Straka, Steve Hamilton, Donna Andrews and Brad Parks will discuss their most recent novels, as well as the joys and challenges of publishing. All events will take place in The Freeman Center and are free and open to the public. Reservations are required and can be made at writers.cnu.edu/meettheauthors.htm or by calling the LLS at (757) 269-4368. Books by Our Bay is sponsored by the Friends of the Newport News Public Library.
10:30 - 11 a.m. (Gaines Theatre lobby)
Book sales and signings
11 a.m. - 12 p.m. (The Freeman Center 101)
The Spirit of the Hawk in Fact and Fiction
Join author Andy Straka (and his hawk) as he discusses falconry and writing.
Killing Characters and Capturing Readers (The Freeman Center 201)
Mystery writers Donna Andrews, Brad Parks and Steve Hamilton discuss tools of the mystery trade followed by a Q&A session.
Noon – 1 p.m. (The Freeman Center auxiliary gym)
1:30 - 3 p.m. (Gaines Theatre)
Mystery in the Afternoon
A panel of award-winning mystery writers will discuss the joys and challenges of publishing, secrets of success and their most recent novels. The panel will be moderated by Dr. Mary Wright, associate professor and director of the CNU Creative Writing Program.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.