- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Asian Studies in China - David Student Union, Monroe Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
News & Events
Dept. of Philosophy & Religious Studies and the Rumi Forum Present Interfaith Lecture Series: "Religion and Social Justice"
(Newport News, Va.) -
The Rumi Forum and CNU’s Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies will present the panel discussion “Religion and Social Justice,” on Monday, Jan. 23, at 7 p.m. in Gaines Theatre. The event is free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
The panel will explore what faith traditions believe in relation to social justice, and the ways they have found to express or implement social justice. The distinguished panelists will discuss how the major faith traditions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism) differ in their approaches to social justice, how these traditions promote social justice, what movements they support, and how they are making a difference in their respective communities and in the community of the “Other.” Speakers will include Dr. Dawn Hutchinson, Dr. Stephen Strehle, Dr. Hussam Timani, Dr. John Thompson and Dr. Lori Underwood. The panel will be moderated by Dr. Roberta Rosenberg. For more information, email email@example.com.
The Rumi Forum was founded in 1999 to foster interfaith and intercultural dialogue, stimulate thinking and the exchange of opinions on supporting and fostering democracy and peace all over the world, and to provide a common platform for education and information. Visit www.rumiforum.org for more information.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.