- Tue, 11 Mar 2014My Case is Altered: A Panel Discussion - Trible Library 209 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
- Tue, 11 Mar 2014Dominion Power: Career Panel Discussion - Luter Hall 121 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM
- Wed, 12 Mar 2014A Career in the Arts: Q&A with Struan Leslie - Ferguson Center Rehearsal Hall 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Thu, 20 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
News & Events
Dean William Parks Colloquium to Host 'What is a Heart' Film screening
(Newport News, Va.) -
The CNU Dean William Parks 2011-2012 Colloquium Series will host “What is a Heart,” a film screening and discussion with artist Christopher Janney on Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2012, at 6 p.m. in Gaines Theatre. The event is free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
Both an architect and jazz musician, Janney creates projects at the intersection of these two disciplines. He often attempts to make architecture more like music, and music more like architecture. The film explores Janney’s performance piece “Heartbeat,” which is scored using a modified wireless telemetry heart monitor placed on a dancer. The electrical impulses from the heart to the brain and surrounding muscles are amplified in real time, and become a provocative percussion track for a score of live vocal music based on jazz scat and Indian tabla rhythms. Janney’s innovative and eclectic work has been exhibited in venues from Lincoln Center to Bonnaroo.
For details regarding this and other Dean Parks Colloquium Series events, visit http://www.cnu.edu/acadcomm/colloquium/.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.