- Mon, 01 Dec 2014Thanksgiving Recess Ends - Classes Resume - CNU Campus 8:00 AM
- Wed, 03 Dec 2014Jazz Ensemble - Ferguson Center, Music and Theatre Hall 8:00 PM
- Thu, 04 Dec 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Fri, 05 Dec 2014Fall Semester: Classes End - CNU Campus
- Sun, 07 Dec 2014Holiday Happenings - Ferguson Center, Concert Hall 4:00 PM
News & Events
2012 Symposium on Homeland Security
(Newport News, VA) Christopher Newport University’s (CNU) Center for American Studies, the Greater Hampton Roads Chapter of the National Defense Industrial Association, Continuity First, and Verizon Wireless will host the 2nd Annual Homeland Security Symposium, July 19-20, 2012 at CNU. This two-day program will include high-level speakers from government and industry exploring the latest advancements, insights and issues in homeland security. The complete agenda can be found at www.symposiumonhomelandsecurity.com.
This year’s conference will focus on "Enhancing Public-Private Partnerships and Coordination." Increasingly complex threats to the United States require innovative, cross-disciplinary responses from local, state, and federal government entities. Private sector firms continue to work hand in hand with government to produce new technology, develop groundbreaking practices, and shape products and services to robustly address today’s evolving threat environment. Natural disasters, man-made incidents, and acts of cyberterrorism and cyberespionage underscore that strong partnerships and coordination are more needed now than ever before in American history.Confirmed keynote speakers include:
- ADM Thad Allen (USCG, ret.), Senior Vice President – Homeland Security Business, Booz Allen Hamilton; former National Incident Commander, Deepwater Horizon Unified Command; and former Commandant, U.S. Coast Guard
- William J. Bratton, Chairman, Kroll Advisory Solutions; former Commissioner of the New York City Police Department and Chief of the Los Angeles Police Department; and currently Co-Chair, Homeland Security Advisory Council, Department of Homeland Security
- Colonel Bob Stephan (USAF, ret.), Executive Vice President at CRA, Inc. and former Assistant Secretary of Homeland Security for Infrastructure Protection
- Thomas S. Winkowski, Acting Deputy Commissioner, Customs and Border Protection
- Hon. Terrie L. Suit, Secretary of Veterans Affairs and Homeland Security, Commonwealth of Virginia
Panel sessions will focus on the following topics:
- Panel 1: Financial Sector Resilience and Public/Private Sector Collaboration
- Panel 2: Navigating the Governmental Budget Crunch: What is the Future of Private Sector Support in Homeland Security and Emergency Management?
- Panel 3: Public-Private Sector Information Sharing
- Panel 4: Defending a Virtual World: Cyber Crime, Cyber Terrorism, and Cyber Espionage
- Panel 5: Public-Private Sector Collaboration in Disaster Recovery
- Panel 6: Technology and Protection in America’s Points of Entry: Integrating Public/Private Capabilities
For additional information, please contact Dr. Nathan Busch at CNU, (757) 594-8498 or email@example.com.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.