- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Asian Studies in China - David Student Union, Monroe Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
News & Events
Mid-Atlantic Leadership Conference
(Newport News, Va.) -
Christopher Newport University’s Department of Leadership and American Studies will host the Mid-Atlantic Leadership Conference titled “Leadership in a Changing Society” on Saturday, March 24, 2012. This day-long conference for students, faculty and practitioners will focus on leadership theory and practice in today's rapidly changing and increasingly interconnected world. Regent University’s Dr. Kathleen Patterson, a noted expert on servant leadership, and Col. Sharon Hamilton, director of Human Terrain System at U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command, will give keynote addresses. The conference fee is $20. (CNU faculty, staff and students are exempt). Registration is required. Visit malc.cnu.edu for details.
The conference will include eight concurrent sessions and more than 30 panelists from CNU, Regent University, the University of Mary Washington, Mid-America Christian University, Eastern University, the University of Delaware and the Chesapeake Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve. Panel topics include “The Leader as Practitioner,” “Cross-Cultural Leadership and Leadership Development,” “Leaders in History and Film,” and “Global Leadership and Emotional Intelligence.” For more information, call the CNU Department of Leadership and American Studies at (757) 594-8907.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.