- Mon, 01 Sep 2014Labor Day: Classes will meet - CNU Campus All day event
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
News & Events
Arab-Israeli Conflict: Daily Life in Gaza and the Palestinian Territories
(Newport News, Va.) - The CNU Program in International Conflict Management and the CNU Honors Program will host Bill Corcoran, president and CEO of American Near East Refugee Aid (ANERA) on Wednesday, March 21 at 5:30 p.m. in CNU’s David Student Union Ballroom. Corcoran will discuss the Arab-Israeli conflict and daily life in Gaza and the Palestinian territories.
Before joining ANERA Corcoran was a vice president of ChildFund International, which serves children and their families in 32 countries. During the 1990s, Corcoran directed the Pontifical Mission for Palestine based in Jordan, with projects in both Jordan and in Iraq. He began his career in the for-profit world, with procurement and marketing management posts at major U.S. corporations. He is a graduate of George Washington University, and holds a master’s degree in theology from Mount St. Mary’s University and a master’s degree in law from the University of Ottawa. Corcoran also earned a certificate in Islamic studies from the University of Birmingham, in the U.K.
ANERA is a leading provider of health, development and education programs in the Middle East. Incorporated in 1968 to help ease the suffering of Palestinian refugees after the Arab-Israeli War of 1967, ANERA is nonpolitical and nonreligious and is one of the largest American nonprofits, working solely in the Middle East for 40 years.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.