- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Asian Studies in China - David Student Union, Monroe Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Thu, 04 Sep 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
News & Events
Brahman and Quantum Physics
(Newport News, Va.) - The Dr. Adarsh Deepak Lecture Series on Indic Studies and the CNU Asian Studies Program will present a lecture titled “Brahman and Quantum Physics: Mysterious Intersections Between Ancient Hindu Wisdom and Modern Science” on Wednesday, April 4, at 7:15 p.m. in Gaines Theatre. The event is free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
Physicist, author, lecturer, entrepreneur and philanthropist Dr. Mani Bhaumik will discuss modern cosmology and quantum field theory as they relate to the Vedas and Upanishads, early texts of the Hindu religion. Bhaumik will also speak about the role of the Brahman, the creator of the physical universe in the Hindu tradition.
Bhaumik is co-inventor of the laser technology that led to the procedure known as Lasik eye surgery. He is a fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and the American Physical Society. His current interest is to share with the public the advances in quantum physics and cosmology, and their implications for both material and spiritual development.
For more information regarding the lecture, contact CNU Professor Graham Schweig at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.