- Thu, 18 Sep 2014Study Abroad Math and Physics in Europe Meeting - David Student Union, Harrison Room 7:15 PM
- Mon, 22 Sep 2014The New Wave Of Ibero American Cinema Presents: "Chinese Takeaway" ("Un cuento chino") - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 7:00 PM
- Thu, 25 Sep 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Fri, 26 Sep 2014Trible Library Chamber Music Series - The Rotunda 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
- Fri, 26 Sep 2014Family Weekend 2014 - CNU Campus 2:00 PM
News & Events
The Dean William Parks Colloquia Presents
(Newport News, Va.) -
The Christopher Newport University Dean William Parks Colloquia will present the lecture “As China Goes, So Goes the Planet: Environmental Justice and Environmental Challenges,” featuring guest speaker Dr. Judith Shapiro. The lecture will take place on Thursday, Nov. 8 at 4 p.m., in the David Student Union Boardroom, and is free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
China’s environmental challenges are significant for us all. By exploring the implications of globalization, the challenges of governance, contested national identity, the evolution of civil society and environmental problems, Dr. Shapiro investigates China’s struggle to achieve sustainable development against a backdrop of acute rural poverty and soaring middle class consumption.
Shapiro is director of the master’s program in natural resources and sustainable development at American University. She is the author of three books, most recently China’s Environmental Challenges, and has lectured widely. She earned her PhD from American University.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.