- Thu, 06 Nov 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Fri, 07 Nov 2014Trible Library Chamber Music Series, Brass Quintet - Trible Library, Rotunda 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
- Sat, 08 Nov 2014Opera CNU presents Donizetti's The Elixir of Love - Music and Theatre Hall 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Sun, 09 Nov 2014Opera CNU presents Donizetti's The Elixir of Love - Music and Theatre Hall 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Thu, 13 Nov 2014Percussion Ensemble - Music and Theatre Hall 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM
News & Events
The Dean William Parks Colloquia Presents
(Newport News, Va.) - The Christopher Newport University Dean William Parks Colloquia will present the lecture “Globalizing the Rudao 儒道 (Way of Confucius): The Case of Boston Confucianism,” featuring guest speaker Dr. John Berthrong. The lecture will take place on Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2013, at 4 p.m. in the David Student Union Boardroom, and is free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
The lecture will explore the various and complex revivals of Confucianism in the 20th century, including Boston Confucianism. Declared dead many decades ago in China, Confucianism has, to the contrary, undergone an amazing recovery. Yet amid its new philosophical and social revivals, its future is still unclear. Confucianism will clearly play an important role in the globalization of philosophy in the 21st century, and Berthrong will discuss how Confucianism can be taught as a historical tradition as well as a living philosophical movement.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.