- Thu, 23 Oct 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Fri, 24 Oct 2014Homecoming 2014 - CNU Campus
- Fri, 24 Oct 2014Trible Library Chamber Music Series, CNU Choirs - The Rotunda 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
- Fri, 24 Oct 2014German Oktoberfest Concert - David Student Union, The Plaza 12:30 PM to 1:00 PM
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014The Dept. of Theater & Dance presents: Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 8:00 PM
News & Events
Understanding the Euro Crisis and Europe’s Response
(Newport News, Va.) - The CNU Department of Economics, Economics and Finance Club and Dr. George K. Zestos, Jean Monnet Chair of European Integration, will host the lecture “Understanding the Euro Crisis and Europe’s Response” on Tuesday, Nov. 27, at 2 p.m., in the David Student Union Ballroom. Dr. Valerie Rouxel- Laxton, head of economic and financial affairs for the Delegation of the European Union to the United States is guest lecturer. The event is free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
The European sovereign debt and banking crisis is the first major asymmetric shock of the economic and monetary union since the euro was introduced. The European financial crisis is a continuation of the 2007-09 U.S. subprime mortgage crisis that spread to Europe, as financial markets are closely integrated. Rouxel-Laxton will explain the causes of the crisis and measures the EU is adopting to end it.
Rouxel-Laxton analyzes and reports on macroeconomic developments in both the U.S. and European economies, and represents the EU on economic matters in the U.S. She holds a PhD in international economics from the Graduate Institute in Geneva.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.