- Tue, 11 Mar 2014My Case is Altered: A Panel Discussion - Trible Library 209 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
- Tue, 11 Mar 2014Dominion Power: Career Panel Discussion - Luter Hall 121 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM
- Wed, 12 Mar 2014A Career in the Arts: Q&A with Struan Leslie - Ferguson Center Rehearsal Hall 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Thu, 20 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
News & Events
Holocaust Survivor Marcel Drimer to Speak at CNU
(Newport News, Va.) -
Holocaust survivor Marcel Drimer will speak about his experiences during the Holocaust and its aftermath on Monday, Nov. 12, at 5:30 p.m., in Gaines Theatre. The event is free and open to
the public. No reservation is required.
Drimer was born in Poland in 1934. In August 1942, he and his family were sent to live in the Drohobycz ghetto. During that time, much of his extended family was deported and killed in concentration camps. Shortly before the ghetto's liquidation, Drimer and his parents escaped and were hidden underground by a Ukrainian family living near his hometown.
In August 1944, the Soviet army liberated the family. Due to the hunger and physical deprivation of his time in hiding, Drimer’s legs could no longer support him and he had to relearn how to walk. In fall 1945, the family moved to Walbrzych, where Drimer finished high school and attended engineering college in Wroclaw. In 1961, he moved to the United States.
This event is sponsored by STAND@CNU, the CNU History Department, Genocide Studies Endowment, Honors Program and Program in International Conflict Management.
For more information, contact Dr. Tina Kempin Reuter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.