- Thu, 05 Dec 2013Study Abroad: Fall 2014 Semester Meeting - McMurran Hall 200C 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM
- Fri, 06 Dec 2013Classes End - CNU Campus
- Sat, 07 Dec 2013TheaterCNU Presents: One Act Play Festival - Ferguson Center, Studio Theater 7:00 PM
- Sat, 07 Dec 2013Opera CNU - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 8:00 PM
- Sat, 07 Dec 2013University Reading / Study Day - CNU Campus
News & Events
Tear Down This Wall, 25 Years Later
(Newport News, Va.) -
“Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall,” was President Reagan’s challenge to the Soviet leader in a speech at the Brandenburg Gate near the Berlin Wall on June 12, 1987. Less than three years later, East Germany opened the Wall, and by Oct. 1990, German unification was achieved.
The CNU History Department, Sister Cities of Newport News and the Tidewater German-American Society will host a panel discussion titled “Tear Down This Wall, 25 Years Later: Germany Coming Together? Europe Coming Apart?” on Wednesday, Nov. 14, at 7 p.m., in the Ferguson Center Music and Theatre Hall. The discussion will feature representatives from the German Embassy, NATO Allied Command Transformation and CNU faculty members.
Registration is free but required. Visit history.cnu.edu/teardown for details.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.