- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Asian Studies in China - David Student Union, Monroe Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
News & Events
Tear Down This Wall, 25 Years Later
(Newport News, Va.) -
“Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall,” was President Reagan’s challenge to the Soviet leader in a speech at the Brandenburg Gate near the Berlin Wall on June 12, 1987. Less than three years later, East Germany opened the Wall, and by Oct. 1990, German unification was achieved.
The CNU History Department, Sister Cities of Newport News and the Tidewater German-American Society will host a panel discussion titled “Tear Down This Wall, 25 Years Later: Germany Coming Together? Europe Coming Apart?” on Wednesday, Nov. 14, at 7 p.m., in the Ferguson Center Music and Theatre Hall. The discussion will feature representatives from the German Embassy, NATO Allied Command Transformation and CNU faculty members.
Registration is free but required. Visit history.cnu.edu/teardown for details.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.