- Thu, 02 Oct 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Fri, 03 Oct 2014Pope Chapel Chamber Music Series, featuring organist Mary Sellen - Pope Chapel 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
- Mon, 06 Oct 2014The New Wave Of Ibero American Cinema Presents: "The Return" ("El Regreso") - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 7:00 PM
- Wed, 08 Oct 2014BB&T Colloquium Series on Capitalism - David Student Union, Ballroom 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Thu, 09 Oct 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
News & Events
Visiting Writers Series Hosts Author Patricia McCormick
(Newport News, Va.) -
The CNU Visiting Writers Series will host award-winning author Patricia McCormick on Tuesday, Oct. 16, at 7:30 p.m., in the David Student Union Ballroom. McCormick will read excerpts from her books and discuss writing for young adults with a focus on social issues. The event is free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
McCormick is a 2006 finalist for the National Book Award and the author of four critically acclaimed novels: Purple Heart, a suspenseful psychological novel that explores the killing of a 10-year-old boy in Iraq; Sold, a deeply moving account of sexual trafficking; My Brother’s Keeper, a realistic view of teenage substance abuse and Cut, an intimate portrait of one girl’s struggle with self-injury. McCormick was named a New York Foundation for the Arts fellow in 2004. She is also the winner of the 2009 German Peace Prize for Youth Literature. A graduate of the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, McCormick lives in New York.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.