- Mon, 01 Sep 2014Labor Day: Classes will meet - CNU Campus All day event
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
News & Events
Hispanics in America: 500 Years of History Not Told
(Newport News, Va.) -
CNU’s Department of Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures will host “Hispanics in America: 500 Years of History Not Told,” featuring Dr. Diana Risk. The lecture will take place Thursday, Nov. 15, at 12:30 p.m., in the David Student Union Washington Room, and is free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
Hispanic culture in the U.S. spans 500 years, but for some, the term “alien” continues to be a defining concept. Current national conversations focus on the growth of the Hispanic population, its impact on the political map and perceptions of Hispanics over time.
Risk is associate professor of Spanish at Virginia Wesleyan College and teaches courses on peninsular and Latin American civilization and culture. She also writes and teaches about Latino issues in the U.S., and recently co-authored The Rewriting of History, Nation, and Identity in the Work of Four Contemporary Women, to be published in 2013.
For additional information, contact Dr. Lourdes Travieso-Parker at email@example.com.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.