- Tue, 11 Mar 2014My Case is Altered: A Panel Discussion - Trible Library 209 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
- Tue, 11 Mar 2014Dominion Power: Career Panel Discussion - Luter Hall 121 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM
- Wed, 12 Mar 2014A Career in the Arts: Q&A with Struan Leslie - Ferguson Center Rehearsal Hall 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Thu, 20 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
News & Events
Hispanics in America: 500 Years of History Not Told
(Newport News, Va.) -
CNU’s Department of Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures will host “Hispanics in America: 500 Years of History Not Told,” featuring Dr. Diana Risk. The lecture will take place Thursday, Nov. 15, at 12:30 p.m., in the David Student Union Washington Room, and is free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
Hispanic culture in the U.S. spans 500 years, but for some, the term “alien” continues to be a defining concept. Current national conversations focus on the growth of the Hispanic population, its impact on the political map and perceptions of Hispanics over time.
Risk is associate professor of Spanish at Virginia Wesleyan College and teaches courses on peninsular and Latin American civilization and culture. She also writes and teaches about Latino issues in the U.S., and recently co-authored The Rewriting of History, Nation, and Identity in the Work of Four Contemporary Women, to be published in 2013.
For additional information, contact Dr. Lourdes Travieso-Parker at email@example.com.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.