- Wed, 12 Mar 2014A Career in the Arts: Q&A with Struan Leslie - Ferguson Center Rehearsal Hall 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Thu, 20 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014Relay for Life of CNU - Freeman Center Field House 7:00 PM
- Sat, 22 Mar 2014"Jazz for Justice" - Jazz Ensemble Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:30 PM
News & Events
CNU Wins 2nd Place in National Marketing Competition
(Newport News, Va.) -
Dr. Lisa Spiller, Professor of Marketing in the Joseph W. Luter, III School of Business at Christopher Newport University, won second place in the 2012 national case competition of the Jacobs & Clevenger Case Writers’ Workshop for her case titled, “Hi-Ho Silver: Using Metrics to Drive Integrated Marketing Communication Decisions.”
Spiller’s case study was based on the Hampton Roads retailer, Hi-Ho Silver, and featured how the business analyzes the many metrics and measurements produced by its ongoing marketing activities to guide its promotional activities and marketing decisions.
The award was presented at the annual Direct / Interactive Marketing Research Summit on Oct. 14, 2012, in Las Vegas. The annual case competition is co-sponsored by Chicago Association of Direct Marketing Educational Foundation and Direct Marketing Educational Foundation.
The Hi-Ho Silver case will be used for business and marketing education in college classes around the country and will be published in a business case textbook.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.