- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Asian Studies in China - David Student Union, Monroe Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Thu, 04 Sep 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Fri, 05 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: Study Abroad Meeting - New Location: McMurran Hall 101 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Mon, 08 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Classical Studies in Rome, Italy - McMurran Hall 112 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
News & Events
CNU Receives USDA Grant to Fund On-Campus Farmers Market
(Newport News, Va.) -
Christopher Newport University has been awarded $84,756 by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to expand its on campus farmers market in order to increase the revenue of local farmers and producers. The two-year grant will also fund an advertising campaign and 10 summer internships to educate students about farming practices.
"This grant will allow us to develop supportive, symbiotic relationships between local farmers, CNU students and faculty, and the Newport News community, enriching everyone with local, sustainable produce and meats, while enhancing our understanding of how such food comes to our kitchens and tables,” notes Professor of English and Director of the CNU Farmers Market Scott Pollard. “What we create could be a model for other similarly sized liberal arts universities across the country.”
USDA Farmers Market Promotion Program (FMPP) awards were granted to 130 initiatives across the U.S. in order to establish and develop new farmers markets as well as support longstanding ones. CNU is the only university in Virginia to receive an FMPP grant this year.
The remaining CNU Farmers Market dates for 2012 are Oct. 2 and Oct. 30, 2-6 p.m. For more information, contact Dr. Scott Pollard at (757) 594-7953.
Follow the CNU Farmers Market on Facebook.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.