- Thu, 02 Oct 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Fri, 03 Oct 2014Pope Chapel Chamber Music Series, featuring organist Mary Sellen - Pope Chapel 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
- Mon, 06 Oct 2014The New Wave Of Ibero American Cinema Presents: "The Return" ("El Regreso") - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 7:00 PM
- Wed, 08 Oct 2014BB&T Colloquium Series on Capitalism - David Student Union, Ballroom 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Thu, 09 Oct 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
News & Events
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond President to Present Lecture at CNU
(Newport News, Va.) -
The CNU Department of Economics, the Economics and Finance Club and Dr. George Zestos, Jean Monnet Chair of European Integration, will host Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond President Jeffrey Lacker on Thursday, August 29, 2013. Dr. Lacker will present a lecture titled, “A Look Back at the History of the Federal Reserve,” at 2 p.m. in the Ferguson Center for the Arts Music & Theatre Hall. This event is free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
Dr. Lacker was appointed president of the Richmond Fed in 2004. Previously, he was the bank’s director of research and joined the Fed in 1989 as an economist. He holds a bachelor’s degree in economics from Franklin & Marshall College and a PhD in economics from the University of Wisconsin. The author of numerous articles in professional journals on monetary, financial and payment economics, Dr. Lacker has presented his work at universities and central banks worldwide.
The Federal Reserve System is commemorating its centennial through a series of events and publications throughout 2014. More information about the centennial commemoration can be found at federalreserve.gov. Information about Richmond Fed history is at richmondfed.org.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.