- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Asian Studies in China - David Student Union, Monroe Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
News & Events
16th Annual Gardening Symposium
(Newport News, Va.) -
CNU’s Lifelong Learning Society (LLS) will present the 16th Annual Gardening Symposium on Saturday, April 20, 2013, from 7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. This year’s symposium will include plant sales, door prizes and workshops on plant propagation, the science of gardening, and incorporating ferns into the landscape.
Guest speakers will include Bob Goodhart, lifelong gardener and former landscape adviser to Christopher Newport University; Jim Orband, Senior Extension Agent Emeritus at the Virginia Cooperative Extension; Ken Druse, author of Natural Companions: The Garden Lover’s Guide to Plant Combinations; and Joel Bunn, former arboriculture supervisor at Colonial Williamsburg.
Registration is $30 per person, and a buffet lunch is also available for an additional $13. For more information and to register, visit gardening.cnu.edu.
The LifeLong Learning Society of Christopher Newport University is a membership organization dedicated to people of retirement age who seek opportunities for learning in an environment of sharing and fellowship. To request a catalog or for more information, contact the LLS at (757) 269-4368.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.