- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Asian Studies in China - David Student Union, Monroe Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
News & Events
32nd Annual Writers Conference
(Newport News, Va.) -
Christopher Newport University’s Lifelong Learning Society (LLS) will present the 32nd Annual Writers Conference on Feb. 22-23, 2013. The two-day event will take place at The Freeman Center, and is designed to improve writing skills and bring together both published and aspiring authors. This year’s keynote speakers are Corban Addison, author of A Walk Across the Sun, and Lucinda Roy, Alumni Distinguished Professor at Virginia Tech, and author of No Right to Remain Silent: What We’ve Learned From the Tragedy at Virginia Tech.
Conference workshops will include “Get Noticed: Make the Internet Work for You”; “Writing is Writing: A Primer in How to Write and Publish Nonfiction – for Newspapers, Magazines and That Blog of Yours”; “The Element of Surprise”; “Cross Your Wires and Contradict Yourself”; “Why Write YA?”; “Getting Started: Catalysts for Creativity”; and “Crossing Into the Poetics of Culture and Heritage.”
The conference will also feature two panel discussions exploring human rights concerns through the eyes of writers and the building blocks of storytelling, as well as a special speed critique session designed to provide aspiring authors with feedback. For additional information and to register, visit writers.cnu.edu
The LifeLong Learning Society of Christopher Newport University is a membership organization dedicated to people of retirement age who seek opportunities for learning in an environment of sharing and fellowship. To request a catalog or for more information, contact the LLS at (757) 269-4368 or visit lifelonglearning.cnu.edu.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.