- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Asian Studies in China - David Student Union, Monroe Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Thu, 04 Sep 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
News & Events
Inaugural Student Behavior Conference
(Newport News, Va.) -
Sponsored by CNU’s teacher preparation program, "Improving Student Behavior" is a conference designed to enhance the knowledge of teachers, teachers-to-be, guidance counselors, school psychologists, social workers and principals. Two workshops titled “Teaching Students Self-Management Skills: From Classroom to Common School Settings” and “Behavioral Interventions for Challenging Students” will be held on Friday, March 15, 2013, in the David Student Union. Dr. Howard M. Knoff, Director of Project ACHIEVE, is guest speaker.
Project ACHIEVE is a nationally known school effectiveness/improvement program that has been designated a National Model Prevention Program by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Known for his research and writing in behavior-management training, personality assessment and professional issues, Knoff has published 17 books, more than 75 articles and book chapters, and delivered more than 500 papers and workshops nationally. His newest book is School Discipline, Classroom Management & Student Self-Management: A PBS Implementation Guide.
Registration is $25 per session, or $40 for both, and an optional lunch is available for an additional $12. Complete registration information is available at teacherprep.cnu.edu/conference. The deadline for online registration is March 8.
Please call the CNU Office of Teacher Preparation at (757) 594-7388 for additional details.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.