- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Asian Studies in China - David Student Union, Monroe Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
News & Events
LifeLong Learning Society Announces Spring 2013 Program
(Newport News, Va.) -
The opening lecture of Christopher Newport University's LifeLong Learning Society (LLS) Spring 2013 program will take place on Monday, Jan. 28, at 1:30 p.m., featuring CNU Distinguished Professor Emeritus Dr. Harold Cones as guest speaker. New member orientation will be held at 12:15 p.m., and an all-member reception is scheduled for 12:45 p.m. in the lobby.
LLS members have numerous new courses to choose from this spring, such as Geology of Virginia; Art and Archeology of Ancient Greece; Antiques, Appraisals, Auctions; The Impact of Science on Society; Financial Scams and Scandals: A Continuing Saga; Assassination of President Kennedy; China and the Middle East; The Idea of America: Elections; Magical Realism; Secret Codes Expanded: From Babylon to the Battle of Britain and Beyond; Roanoke Island; and Modern Protestant Thought. Other popular classes such as Watercolor Painting, Drawing, Creative Nonfiction Writing, Tai Chi, Practicing Poetry, Body Fusion: Tone & Stretch, Understanding Opera, several computer and Internet courses, and the study of Arabic, Chinese and Spanish languages will be offered. All LLS courses are designed to keep seniors active and on top of current trends. The spring program runs from Jan. 28 – April 12.
LLS will also host group excursions to New York City, Virginia's Eastern Shore, China, and the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.