- Mon, 01 Sep 2014Labor Day: Classes will meet - CNU Campus All day event
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
News & Events
Falk Gallery Presents: "Siphons and Registers," a Solo Exhibition of 3-D Work by Jayson Lowery
(Newport News, Va.) - Christopher Newport University’s Falk Gallery will present a solo exhibition of 3-D work by artist Jayson Lowery titled Siphons and Registers. The exhibition will be on display through March 29, 2013, and is free and open to the public.
To create his sculpture, Lowery pays close attention to a subject's anatomy, construction and constitution, which gives insight into how it functions and influences our lives. For example, a city's larger buildings, overall form and infrastructure are indicators of what is important to a given society.
Lowery lives in Williamsburg where he teaches 3-D Foundations at the College of William & Mary. He works with a variety of materials and processes and has exhibited in galleries and in outdoor exhibitions both nationally and internationally.
Falk Gallery hours are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. For more information, visit cnu.edu/finearts/galleries.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.