- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Asian Studies in China - David Student Union, Monroe Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Thu, 04 Sep 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Fri, 05 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: Study Abroad Meeting - New Location: McMurran Hall 101 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Mon, 08 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Classical Studies in Rome, Italy - McMurran Hall 112 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
News & Events
Fourth Annual Academic Bowl
(Newport News, Va.) -
The Christopher Newport University student organization Men of Vision and Excellence (M.O.V.E.) will host its fourth annual Academic Bowl on Wednesday, March 27, at 7 p.m. in Gaines Theatre. During the event, campus organizations will compete in a single elimination “Jeopardy”-style tournament. This year’s categories will include mainstream academic subjects, cultural history, current events and pop culture. Competing teams will consist of four members and one alternate. Registration is open through March 20 and includes a $25 entry fee (per competing team). Event attendance is free and open to the campus community, and several audience raffles will be held.
To register a team, contact event organizer Robert Holmes at email@example.com. The winning team will receive $200 and a trophy, and the team with the most audience members present at the end will receive a $50 donation to the charity of its choice.
Men of Vision and Excellence is committed to helping men achieve their full potential. Its core tenants include academic excellence, campus involvement, community outreach and cultural awareness.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.