- Mon, 01 Sep 2014Labor Day: Classes will meet - CNU Campus All day event
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
News & Events
The Rise of Social Entrepreneurship & Business as Unusual
(Newport News, Va.) - Soushiant Zanganehpour, Strategy and Operations Manager at the Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship at the University of Oxford, will give a lecture titled "The Rise of Social Entrepreneurship and Business as Unusual" on Tuesday, March 26, at 6 p.m. in the Pope Chapel. The lecture is free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
Zanganehpour will highlight and reflect on several key trends and drivers contributing to the rise of social entrepreneurship and how they may influence how we chart a way forward through this global inflection point. These trends heavily weigh on the role of government, business and the nonprofit sectors moving forward.
Zanganehpour holds an MA in global energy and public policy from the University of London’s School of Oriental and African Studies (as a Canadian Chevening Scholar), a BA in political science and international relations from the University of British Columbia, and a diplôme in international affairs from Sciences-po Paris.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.