- Mon, 22 Sep 2014The New Wave Of Ibero American Cinema Presents: "Chinese Takeaway" ("Un cuento chino") - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 7:00 PM
- Thu, 25 Sep 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Fri, 26 Sep 2014Trible Library Chamber Music Series - The Rotunda 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
- Fri, 26 Sep 2014Family Weekend 2014 - CNU Campus 2:00 PM
- Fri, 26 Sep 2014CNU Study Abroad Fair - David Student Union, Breezeway 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM
News & Events
Nationally Known Professor to Speak on First Amendment Rights
(Newport News, Va.) -
"The Culture of the First Amendment," will be the topic of the fourth annual Jean Everitt Journalism Lecture Series.
Dr. Brian Steffen will speak at 5 p.m., April 4, in McMurran 114, on the Christopher Newport University campus. He is chair of communication and media studies and director of student media at Simpson College.
A long-time adviser to student journalists, Steffen believes "journalism skills are essential to life." He is the recipient of several regional and national teaching awards. "I’m a passionate believer in the values of the First Amendment and the potential for journalism to nourish a democratic culture," Steffen says.
His talk will also focus on the "responsibilities we all have -- institutions, schools, businesses, individuals - in protecting the speech we loathe, the thought that we hate."
The talk, the fourth in the Jean Everitt Journalism Lecture Series, is free and open to the public. For more information, contact Dr. Terry Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or (757) 269-0323.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.