- Thu, 18 Sep 2014Spain: Centro Mundolengua Interest Meeting - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014Study Abroad "Tropical Ecology in Costa Rica" - Forbes Hall 2070A 5:30 PM
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014Study Abroad Math and Physics in Europe Meeting - David Student Union, Harrison Room 7:15 PM
- Mon, 22 Sep 2014The New Wave Of Ibero American Cinema Presents: "Chinese Takeaway" ("Un cuento chino") - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 7:00 PM
News & Events
CNU History Students Win Top Awards at Research Conference
(Newport News, Va.) - On Saturday, March 23, Christopher Newport University hosted the 2013 Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society Regional Conference, drawing students and faculty from across Virginia. CNU history students won three of the nine prizes awarded for undergraduate research. The recipients' names, paper titles and prizes are as follows:
First Prize, European History: J. D. Marroquin “A Revolution Betrayed: The Impact of the German Revolution of 1918-1919 on Leftist Politics in Weimar Germany”
Third Prize, European History: Elena Colón-Marrero “The Female Advocate: Reconstructing the Ideal Woman in Early Modern England”
Third Prize, U.S. History: Jonathan MacDonald “Social Guidance Films: Reeling in Rebellion”
Established in 1921, Phi Alpha Theta is an honor society for undergraduate and graduate students and professors of history. The society has more than 350,000 members in 860 local chapters.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.