- Sat, 01 Nov 2014The Dept. of Theater & Dance presents: Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 8:00 PM
- Thu, 06 Nov 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Fri, 07 Nov 2014Trible Library Chamber Music Series, Brass Quintet - Trible Library, Rotunda 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
- Sat, 08 Nov 2014Opera CNU presents Donizetti's The Elixir of Love - Music and Theatre Hall 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Sun, 09 Nov 2014Opera CNU presents Donizetti's The Elixir of Love - Music and Theatre Hall 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM
News & Events
CNU Business Majors Win Over $12,000 in Business Competitions
(Newport News, Va.) - Three Christopher Newport University students in the Luter School of Business recently won recognition in international and state business plan competitions for the development of SoundSense, a product that combines mobile communications and networked sensors to serve the deaf and hard of hearing. The system can alert users to oven timers, doorbells, baby monitors, phone calls and fire alarms using flashing lights, bed-shaking or smart-watch systems.
At the Values and Ventures Business Plan Competition at Texas Christian University in April, Andrew McGregor (’13), Ethan Emanuele (’13) and junior Edward Pekalski (left to right, above), placed second among 28 teams from around the world and won $10,000 in prize money. The team presented again at the statewide Governor's Business Plan Challenge in Richmond on May 2, where they were selected as the first runner-up. The prize included $2,500 and services from professional business consultants.
The students have formed a company, Prium Strategies, and will continue to develop their business. McGregor and Emanuele will each graduate in May with a bachelor of science in business administration (BSBA) degree in finance, and intend to make Prium and the SoundSense project their full-time occupations. Pekalski will complete his BSBA degree in marketing next year.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.