- Mon, 01 Sep 2014Labor Day: Classes will meet - CNU Campus All day event
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
News & Events
Wyland Foundation Clean Water Mobile Learning Center to Visit CNU
(Newport News, Va.) -
Americans use more than 150 trillion gallons of fresh water per year. How we use and conserve that water amid growing populations, changes in weather patterns and pollution is the message of the Wyland Foundation mobile learning experience. The Wyland Clean Water Mobile Learning Center is a 1,000 square-foot interactive exhibit featuring actual rain over a city landscape, a running river, computer simulations and a 40-person onboard theater. The learning center will be located in the CNU visitors parking October 2-3 and is open to the public of all ages between 1-7 p.m. Admission is free.
Visitors will discover how to manage limited supplies of fresh water, reduce pollution in local watersheds and see how people can impact available water supplies via an array of film, science and hands-on activities. The CNU stop, sponsored by the Wyland Foundation, the U.S. Forest Service and CNU's Center for Community Engagement, is part of an educational tour that engages and teaches young people in the community to be stewards of the environment in the areas of ecosystem awareness, environmental conservation, and energy and water efficiency, and has traveled to more than 17 states and Mexico since it was created in 2007.
The nonprofit Wyland Foundation is dedicated to promoting, protecting and preserving the world’s ocean, waterways and marine life. Founded in 1993 by renowned environmental artist and conservationist Wyland, the foundation encourages environmental awareness through education programs, public arts projects and community events. Learn more at wylandfoundation.org.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.