- Sat, 22 Nov 2014Pericles Salon Series - Small Latin & Less Greek? - Ferguson Center, Studio Theater 7:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Sat, 22 Nov 2014The Dept. of Theater & Dance presents: Pericles, Prince of Tyre - Ferguson Center, Studio Theater 8:00 PM
- Sun, 23 Nov 2014Pericles Salon Series - Riddles, Exile & Incest - Ferguson Center, Studio Theater 7:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Sun, 23 Nov 2014The Dept. of Theater & Dance presents: Pericles, Prince of Tyre - Ferguson Center, Studio Theater 8:00 PM
- Sun, 23 Nov 2014The Dept. of Theater & Dance presents: Pericles, Prince of Tyre - Ferguson Center, Studio Theater 2:00 PM
News & Events
CNU and Sister Cities to Host Panel Discussion With German Consul
(Newport News, Va.) - Sister Cities of Newport News is pleased to welcome a panel of speakers, including Knut Abraham, Consul General of the German Embassy in Washington, D.C., for the Fifth Annual German Panel Discussion at Christopher Newport University. The event takes place on Wednesday, November 6, at 7 p.m., in the Ferguson Center Music & Theatre Hall. This year’s seminar will focus on Germany’s recent federal elections and the lessons and questions they raise regarding German politics, Germany’s European Union (EU) partners and countries beyond the EU.
The program grew out of the German connections between Newport News and CNU, and Greifswald, Germany. Greifswald is home to Ernst Moritz Arndt University, founded in 1456, and well known for its medical program. The town is also home to the Max Planck Institute for Plasma Physics, a facility similar to Jefferson Labs in Newport News. Students from Christopher Newport travelled to Greifswald in 2011 with CNU Professor Emeritus Dr. Mario Mazzarella.
This free event is co-sponsored by CNU’s Department of History. CNU students, faculty and alumni are encouraged to attend. Advance registration is requested and can be done online or by calling (757) 926-1348. Questions may be addressed to Kate Helwig, Executive Director of Sister Cities of Newport News at firstname.lastname@example.org or (757) 926-1348.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.