- Mon, 01 Sep 2014Labor Day: Classes will meet - CNU Campus All day event
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
News & Events
Wason Center to Host Candidate Forums
(Newport News, Va.) - Christopher Newport University's Judy Ford Wason Center for Public Policy will host a series of forums with the candidates for governor of Virginia. All forums are free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
The first forum, scheduled for Tuesday, September 17, at 7 p.m., will take place in the Ferguson Center for the Arts Music & Theatre Hall, and feature Terry McAuliffe, Democratic candidate for governor. The forum will be co-moderated by Dr. Quentin Kidd, Director of the Wason Center, and Cathy Lewis, host of the public radio program "HearSay with Cathy Lewis" on 89.5 WHRV-FM. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m.
The second forum, scheduled for Monday, September 23, at 4 p.m., in the Music & Theatre Hall, will feature Robert Sarvis, Libertarian candidate for governor. The forum will be moderated by Kidd. Doors will open at 3:30 p.m.
A third forum featuring Ken Cuccinelli, Republican candidate for governor, will be held on Wednesday, October 9, at 7 p.m., in Gaines Theatre. The forum will be co-moderated by Kidd and Lewis. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m.
The mission of the Judy Ford Wason Center for Public Policy at Christopher Newport University is to provide unbiased and nonpartisan research and information about important public policy issues facing Virginia and about citizens' views on those issues. The Center’s activities focus on public opinion polling on matters of policy important to the commonwealth, and hosting community forums on topics of relevance to public policy in Virginia. For more information, please email email@example.com.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.