- Tue, 11 Mar 2014My Case is Altered: A Panel Discussion - Trible Library 209 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
- Tue, 11 Mar 2014Dominion Power: Career Panel Discussion - Luter Hall 121 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM
- Wed, 12 Mar 2014A Career in the Arts: Q&A with Struan Leslie - Ferguson Center Rehearsal Hall 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Thu, 20 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
News & Events
Reiff Center to Host Lecture "Practical Peacebuilding: The Mali Experience"
(Newport News, Va.) - The Reiff Center for Human Rights and Conflict Resolution will host a lecture by guest speaker Judy Buelow of the U.S. State Department titled Practical Peacebuilding: The Mali Experience, on Thursday, January 23, 2014, at 6 p.m., in McMurran 101. Buelow, an expert on West African affairs and peace building, will talk about her experiences in Mali and lessons learned from the successful international intervention. The lecture is free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
During more than 25 years as a foreign service officer, Buelow served in U.S. embassies in Africa and Latin America, as well in numerous tours of duty at the U.S. State Department in Washington, D.C. Although she retired from the foreign service in 2012, she still accepts occasional short-term assignments, including a stint in the U.S. Embassy in Bamako, Mali during 2013. She first traveled to Mali in 2006, while she was serving as the State Department’s deputy director for West African Affairs. She has also worked extensively in the office that coordinates U.S. policy on UN peacekeeping operations, and has dealt with many African countries undergoing conflict or post-conflict peacebuilding.
For more information contact Dr. Tina Kempin-Reuter at email@example.com.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.