- Tue, 11 Mar 2014My Case is Altered: A Panel Discussion - Trible Library 209 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
- Tue, 11 Mar 2014Dominion Power: Career Panel Discussion - Luter Hall 121 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM
- Wed, 12 Mar 2014A Career in the Arts: Q&A with Struan Leslie - Ferguson Center Rehearsal Hall 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Thu, 20 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
News & Events
Busch Gardens and CNU Win Second Place in National Competition
(Newport News, Va.) -
Dr. Lisa Spiller, Distinguished Professor of Marketing in the Joseph W. Luter, III School of Business at Christopher Newport University, received the second place silver award in the 2013 national case competition of the Jacobs & Clevenger Case Writers’ Workshop for her case titled, "Busch Gardens: Planning for a Wild Direct & Interactive Marketing Ride." The competition was conducted by Marketing EDGE and the Chicago Association of Direct Marketing Educational Foundation.
Spiller's study was based on the well-known theme park and outlined the park’s various strategic marketing challenges along with the new Busch Gardens brand identity. The case presented the various seasonal events Busch Gardens offers throughout the year and challenges readers to analyze its market situation and make recommendations as to future strategic marketing decisions. Spiller worked closely with Dan Dipiazzo, Vice President of Marketing at Busch Gardens/Water Country USA in the development of the case.
The award was presented at the awards luncheon of the Annual Direct/Interactive Marketing Research Summit on October 12, in Chicago.
The Busch Gardens case will be used for business and marketing education in college classes around the country and will be published in a business case textbook.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.