- Tue, 11 Mar 2014My Case is Altered: A Panel Discussion - Trible Library 209 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
- Tue, 11 Mar 2014Dominion Power: Career Panel Discussion - Luter Hall 121 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM
- Wed, 12 Mar 2014A Career in the Arts: Q&A with Struan Leslie - Ferguson Center Rehearsal Hall 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Thu, 20 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
News & Events
17th Annual Gardening Symposium
(Newport News, Va.) - CNU’s Lifelong Learning Society (LLS) and Grounds Department will present the 17th Annual Gardening Symposium on Saturday, April 12, 2014, from 7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m., in the Ferguson Center Music & Theatre Hall. This year’s symposium will include plant sales, door prizes and workshops on attracting birds and butterflies, organic and sustainable gardening, garden design that attracts wildlife, building a bluebird nesting box, and easy steps to seed-starting.
Guest speakers will include Bob Goodhart, lifelong gardener and former landscape adviser to Christopher Newport University; Marie Butler, a Chesapeake master gardener emeritus; Lisa Ziegler, a cut-flower farmer; and Dean Rust, one of the premier bluebird experts in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Registration is $30 per person, and a buffet lunch is also available for an additional $13. For more information and to register, visit gardening.cnu.edu or call LLS at (757) 269-4368.
The LifeLong Learning Society of Christopher Newport University is a membership organization dedicated to people of retirement age who seek opportunities for learning in an environment of sharing and fellowship.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.