- Tue, 11 Mar 2014My Case is Altered: A Panel Discussion - Trible Library 209 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
- Tue, 11 Mar 2014Dominion Power: Career Panel Discussion - Luter Hall 121 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM
- Wed, 12 Mar 2014A Career in the Arts: Q&A with Struan Leslie - Ferguson Center Rehearsal Hall 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Thu, 20 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
News & Events
CNU Wind Ensemble to Perform at National Competition
(Newport News, Va.) - The Christopher Newport University Wind Ensemble has been invited to perform as “featured ensemble” at the Estonian National Wind Band Competition on March 1, 2014, at the Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre in Tallinn, Estonia’s largest and most prestigious higher education performing arts institution. Under the direction of department chair Dr. Mark Reimer, the ensemble will also perform at top conservatories in Viljandi (Estonia), Riga (Latvia) and Vilnius (Lithuania) - the first tour of all three Baltic countries by an American college band.
This unique opportunity is the result of CNU's close connection with conductor Bert Langeler, a music instructor in Viljandi, who visited campus in 2013 on a dean’s grant. Under Dr. Reimer, the band recorded a concert of Estonian wind music, and the CD and accompanying booklet are currently distributed by Naxos and Mark Custom Music.
The CNU Wind Ensemble performs at commencement and Latin Honors Convocation, serves as the anchor ensemble for Family Weekend and Holiday Happening concerts, and has been the featured ensemble for guest composers for the past 22 years. Tour sponsors for the Estonia trip include CNU, the Ferguson Center for the Arts, Global Music Facilities (Estonia), CNU Friends of Music and wind ensemble members, who will cover their individual travel and housing costs.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.