- Wed, 12 Mar 2014A Career in the Arts: Q&A with Struan Leslie - Ferguson Center Rehearsal Hall 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Thu, 20 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014Relay for Life of CNU - Freeman Center Field House 7:00 PM
- Sat, 22 Mar 2014"Jazz for Justice" - Jazz Ensemble Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:30 PM
News & Events
Associate Professor Denise Gillman Receives Prize for Teaching Innovation
(Newport News, Va.) - CNU Associate Professor Denise Gillman is the 2014 recipient of the Prize for Teaching Innovation for Region IV, given by the Association for Theatre in Higher Education and the Kennedy Center / American College Theater Festival (KCACTF). A prize is awarded to one college / university faculty member in each of the eight KCACTF regions in recognition of innovation in teaching theater. Region IV includes Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Southern Virginia and Tennessee.
Gillman joined the CNU Department of Theater and Dance in 2002. Her innovation centers on the interdisciplinary bridges she builds between the sciences and arts and humanities through the teaching of a Science on the Stage course, as well as having directed numerous science plays at Christopher Newport and other professional venues. The award will be presented to Gillman on February 8, 2014, at Hollins University in Roanoke.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.