- Mon, 01 Sep 2014Labor Day: Classes will meet - CNU Campus All day event
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
News & Events
Professor Vachris Appointed to Governor's Joint Advisory Board of Economists
(Newport News, Va.) - Dr. Michelle Albert Vachris was appointed on June 3 by Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe to serve on the Governor's Joint Advisory Board of Economists. According to the official announcement, "The appointees will join McAuliffe's administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will grow Virginia's economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth."
Vachris is a professor of economics and the BB&T Professor for the Study of Capitalism at CNU. She earned a BA in economics from the College of William & Mary and an M A and PhD in economics from George Mason University. Prior to joining CNU in 1994, she was an economist with the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) in the International Price Program where she worked on export and import price indexes and purchasing power parities. She has since served as a consultant on international statistics for the BLS and the International Monetary Fund. She is also a past president of the Virginia Association of Economists and a member of the Mont Pelerin Society. Dr. Vachris’ fields of interest are industrial organization and international economics, and she pursues research concerning economic freedom, public choice and teaching pedagogy.
The full press release from the Governor's Office can be viewed here: https://governor.virginia.gov/news/newsarticle?articleId=4933
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.