- PhD, New School for Social Research
- MA, New School for Social Research
- MA, New York University
- BA, Rutgers University
Office: McMurran 131
Phone: (757) 594-7171
Areas of Specialization:
Comparative Philosophy, Continental Philosophy, Philosophy of Language and Literature, Environmental Philosophy, Philosophy of Technology
Articles, Reviews, and Book Chapters:
- “Wikies and Rethinking Authority.” Philosophy in the Contemporary World. 18:1, Spring 2011.
- "Human Or Machine: Does It Mind or Matter?" Philip K. Dick and Philosophy. Edited by D. E. Wittkower. Chicago: Open Court Publishing, 2011.
- Teschner, George and Gabrielle Teschner. "Creating the Need for the New: “It’s Not The Wheel; It’s the Carousel.” Mad Men and Philosophy. Edited by James South, Rod Caveth, and William Irwin. Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing, 2010.
- “The Technological Paradigm in Ancient Taoism.” Techne. 13:3, 2009.
- "High-Tech Mythology in X-Men." X-Men and Philosophy. Edited by William Irwin, Rebecca Housel, and J. Jeremy Wisnewski. Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing, 2009.
- “Terrorism and the Phenomenology of Understanding.” Journal of Philosophy in the Contemporary World. 15:1, 2008.
- “The Crisis in Technology and the Image of the Hindu Goddess Kali.” The International Journal of the Humanities. 2:1, 2005.
- “The Humanities and Telecommunication Technology.” Proceedings of the Twentieth World Congress of Philosophy. Volume 12: Intercultural Philosophy, 2001.
- “The Concept of Justice in Computer Managed Telecommunication Systems.” Critics of Institutions: Horizons of Justice. Edited by J. Ralph Lindgren. New York: Plenum Books, 1996.
- “Anxiety, Anger and the Concept of Agency and Action in the Bhagavad-Gita.” Journal of Asian Philosophy. 2:1, 1992.
- “Computer Alternatives in the History of Philosophy Classroom.” Teaching Philosophy. September 1990.
- “Semiotic Contrasts Between Trial and Discovery.” Law and Semiotics. Edited by R. Kevelson. Vol. 3. New York: Plenum Books, 1989.
- “The Implication of Saussure’s Concept of Difference for Argumentation Theory.” Conference On Critical Thinking Montclair, NJ October, 1988.
- “Conference 87 on Critical Thinking.” Teaching Thinking and Problem Solving. 1987.
- “It Is More Difficult to Crush a Flower.” Journal of East-West Philosophy. 36, October, 1987.
- Conference 86 on Critical Thinking published in the AILACT Bulletin June, 1986.
- “Report on the Conference on Critical Thinking 1985.” Teaching Thinking and Problem Solving. October, 1985.
- “The Mind-Body Problem in the Surangama Sutra.” Journal of Indian Philosophy. 9, March 1981.
- “The Undifferentiated Conjunction of Sensation and Judgment in Perception.” Philosophy and Phenomenological Research. 42:1, September 1981.
- “The Psychology of Faith and the Meaning of Transcendence in the Philosophy of Soren Kierkegaard.” Journal of Psychology and Theology. 5, 1977.
- “The Context of Faith in the Philosophy of Soren Kierkegaard.” Journal Faith and Freedom. Oct.1976.
See Dr. Teschner's interview with sonshi.com