Spring 2014 Career and Graduate School Fair
Monday, March 10, 2014
12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
David Student Union, Second Floor
The following law schools will be represented at the career fair:
William and Mary School of Law
Liberty University School of Law
Regent University School of Law
Pizza will be provided. RSVP not required, but please let Dr. White know if you plan to attend so the right amount of pizza is ordered.
Thursday, September 19, 2013
- Dr. Jonathan White, Pre-Law Adviser
- Dr. Quentin Kidd, Chair of the Department of Government
- Dr. Lori Underwood, Dean of the College of Arts and Humanities
- Dr. William Connell, Chair of the Department of History
- Dr. Elizabeth Kaufer Busch, Director of the Center for American Studies
- Erin Gallagher, student officer in Phi Alpha Delta pre-law fraternity
- Liberty University School of Law
- Regent University School of Law
- University of Richmond School of Law
- William and Mary Marshall-Wythe School of Law
Conversation with a Judge
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Chief Judge Gene A. Woolard, Virginia Beach General District Court
This event was sponsored by CNU's pre-law fraternity, Phi Alpha Delta.
Constitution Day Debate
Thursday, September 26
“The Limits of Executive Power: Is the NSA’s Domestic Surveillance Constitutional?”
Sponsored by CNU's Center for American Studies
- Professor Eric Posner, University of Chicago Law School
- Professor David Cole, Georgetown University Law Center
Jeffrey Brauch, Dean of Regent University School of Law
Law School Mock Admissions Panel
- John Benfield, Associate Dean, Charleston School of Law
- Michelle Rahman, Associate Dean for Admissions, University of Richmond School of Law
CNU President Paul Trible and local lawyer, Buddy David, come together to discuss the different career paths they’ve followed. President Trible discusses his experiences as a politician and university president and how his legal knowledge has helped him in both pursuits. In contrast, Mr. David will discuss his own experiences as a practicing lawyer in Newport News. This event is sponsored by Phi Alpha Delta.
Location: Freeman 201
After earning degrees in History and Political Science at Christopher Newport College in 1984, Judge Power went on to earn his JD from Mercer University School of Law in 1988. He is a member of the Georgia Bar and a partner at Power-Jaugstetter. Judge Power's practice focuses primarily on the complex area of eminent domain, and he is a Special Assistant to the Attorney General of the State of Georgia for land use matters. He has also served as a part-time Judge for the Magistrate Court of Henry County.
Pre-Law Workshop: What to Expect in Law School
12:30 - 1:25
Nate Harter, the son of CNU professor Nathan Harter, is an attorney practicing in his hometown of Greensburg, Indiana. He received a bachelor's degree in International Studies and Spanish from Butler University in Indianapolis, where he competed in track and field, was a finalist for the Truman Scholarship, studied abroad, and led several student government and fraternal organizations. Following his undergraduate career, Harter enrolled at the Indiana University Maurer School of Law, where he was president of the Federalist Society, captain of the nationally-ranked trial team, and champion of the 2012 Sherman Minton Moot Court Competition. Since graduation, Harter has married his high school sweetheart, passed the bar, and is now a general practitioner and an attorney for the City of Greensburg. He looks forward to discussing life as a law student and young lawyer with CNU students.