Interested in becoming employed by CNURec?
Steps to getting hired are easy!
- Visit CNU Career Connect to apply for a position! You MUST upload your completed employee application when applying). Note: Federal Work study students, upload this completed application >>> FWS application <<<
- Attend the Officials Trainings for the sport(s) you're interested in officiating.**
- You will know if you're hired after the Officials Training #2 for your sport(s).
- Upon being hired, the Director of Recreational services will meet with all NEW hires and you must have ALL the following paperwork completed and items with you:
- Hire Form
- 2014 - W4 form
- VA-4 form
- Direct Deposit form
- Child Support Disclosure
- Alcohol/Drug Policy
- Electronic Comm. Policy
- Student Employment Policy <~ TO READ ONLY!
- Policy Signature Sheet
- I-9 form (click the link to view the List of Acceptable Documents, be sure to have the required ID's with you). Items MUST be originals NOT copied.
- Get Ready to Work!
**Note: If you are unable to attend Clinic #1, please contact the Program Assistant for that sport. You may be able to take the rules test in advance. Unfortunately, individuals who do not attend Clinic #1 or take the sport test are not guaranteed employment for that particular sport.
Are you a returning official?
Make sure you...
- Fill out an availability form to take to trainings.
- Attend the Officials Trainings for the sport(s) you want to officiate.
- Review the pay dates, so you know when you'll be paid! (Note: officials timesheets are submitted by the Director, supervisors and PA's do their own timesheets)
- No previous experience is needed!
- We will train you before you step on the court or field.
- Visit the "Getting Hired" tab if you'd like to become employed.
- View the Officials Job description for further details.
- All supervisors begin working as intramural officials.
- They are the on-site management team for intramural sports.
- CPR & First Aid certified.
- Provide support to intramural officials and participants.
- Supervisor Job Description
Sport Supervisors - Spring 2014
Not Pictured: Nick Greco
Not Pictured: Jamal Christian
Not Pictured: David Croghan
Not Pictured: Marie Connole
Program Assistants (PA's)
- All PA's begin working as officials, then become supervisors, to advance to this position.
- They work behind the scenes to set-up the intramural program.
- CPR & First Aid certified
- Some duties consist of: scheduling games, hiring and scheduling officials, and corresponding with team captains.
- PA Job Description
Employment Documents (all documents open in new window)
- Availability form - Fill out and give to PA for the sport(s) you're interested in.
- Employment App - Fill out if you're a NEW employee or an employee with a pay rate increase.
- Position Interest Form - Current staff must fill out if applying for a different position (i.e. supervisor or program assistant)
- Web-Time Sheet - Instructions for supervisors and program assistants
- Time Sheet Submission Dates - for supervisors and program assistants ONLY
Annually, CNURec gives out a Student Development and Student Leadership Award.
Below are previous year winners. Will you be the next one to earn an award?
Student Development Award
Given to the employee who has made great strides in personal development and leadership efforts.
They take that extra step to lead by example and help out co-workers.
2005 - 2006: Jane West & Jacob Carpenter
2006 - 2007: Cullen O'Neil
2007 - 2008: Stephanie Hull & Alyson Powers
2008 - 2009: Jane West
2009 - 2010: Shane Clary
2010 - 2011: Matthew Ware
2011 - 2012: Anton Bowman
2012 - 2013: Sarah Thomas
Student Leadership Award
Given to the employee who has significantly contributed to the department by exemplifying student leadership and peer development. Additionally, this person goes above and beyond to adhere to and share the policies and procedures of the program.
2005 - 2006: Roberto Ramos
2006 - 2007: Colin McCarthy
2007 - 2008: Jane West
2008 - 2009: Jacob Carpenter
2009 - 2010: Alyson Powers
2010 - 2011: Emily Baumgardner
2011 - 2012: Shane Clary
2012 - 2013: Anton Bowman