As a senior here at CNU, you have a decision to make: Should I live on or off campus? Should you decide to live off campus, go to the Housing website and check out the resources they have to help you make the right choice.
If you are still wondering which is better for you, on-campus or off-campus living, check these articles that highlight the advantages and disadvantages of both. We hope they will help you make an informed decision that suits your needs:
When living off campus, you need to take extra safety precautions. Familiarize yourself with the information below.
- Up to the minute emergency information for the CNU community
- Get emergency preparedness / response training
- CNU Alert, an emergency notification system that sends emergency alerts (including weather issues) and updates to individuals’ cell phones, mobile devices and e-mail accounts. Register here.
Newport News Police
- Headquarters: 9710 Jefferson Avenue, Newport News
- Non-emergency number: 757.928.4300
- Silent Witness Program
Silent Witness is an internet based reporting tool that allows students, faculty and staff to anonymously report crimes to the University Police.
Resources on off-campus safety:
All CNU students are encouraged to live and work with honor, exemplified by the Center for Honor Enrichment & Community Standards (CHECS). Our core values include compassion, creativity, diversity, education, honor, integrity, respect and wellness.
Off-Campus Housing Responsibility