This degree is the latest addition to the program offerings in the Department of Physics, Computer Science and Engineering (PCSE). “Over the years we heard from many students and parents, as well as from companies, who wanted us to offer more engineering degrees here at CNU,” says Dr. Riedl, Department Chair. Read More
- CNU Only Public University to Receive Perfect ‘A’ Rating from ACTAChristopher Newport University is the only public institution in the nation to earn a perfect “A” rating from the American Council of Trustees and Alumni (ACTA) for the strength of its curriculum in the 2014-2015 edition of "What Will They Learn?"
- Dr. Nathan Busch to Present Lecture: ‘The Iranian Nuclear Crisis’Dr. Nathan Busch, Professor of Government and Co-Director of CNU's Center for American Studies will present “The Iranian Nuclear Crisis" on Monday, October 27, 2014, at 4 p.m., in Freeman Center room 202. The lecture is free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
- Food For Thought 2014Christopher Newport University will hold the finale of the 7th annual Food for Thought campaign on Friday, November 14, 2014. The campaign mobilizes the campus community to combine "head, heart and hand" as an approach to local poverty alleviation while collecting food and money to benefit the Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula.
- Falk Gallery Exhibition: Phil Morrison, “The Nature of Things”ArtCNU photography adjunct faculty member Phil Morrison shares what has inspired him throughout 60 years behind the camera in “Phil Morrison: The Nature of Things.” The exhibition includes nearly 70 images of nature, people in nature, small-town living and abstract minimalist moments in time.
- Ferguson Center Announces Return of On Screen/In Person Film SeriesThe Ferguson Center for the Arts has renewed On Screen/In Person, a film series designed to bring some of the best new independent American films and their respective filmmakers to communities across the mid-Atlantic region.