Join us on August 22 as we officially welcome new students into CNU's community of honor. The live video stream will begin at 10:30 a.m. Read More
Join us for Family Weekend 2014 and share the energy, excitement and Captain spirit of this campus tradition! Read More
- Announcing August 2014 GradsChristopher Newport University awarded diplomas to 57 graduates at the end of the Summer 2014 term.
- Center for American Studies Awarded $375,000 GrantCNU’s Center for American Studies has received a $375,000 grant from the Thomas W. Smith Foundation to support teaching and scholarship, student fellowships and internships, an annual conference on America’s founding principles and history, and a teacher recertification program for grade school and high school teachers of history and social studies.
- 7th Annual Day One of ServiceMore than 450 Christopher Newport University freshmen, faculty and staff will partner with 50 local agencies to volunteer their time on Thursday, August 21, 2014, for CNU’s 7th Annual Day One of Service.
- Dr. Laura Puaca Pens New BookIn her new book, "Searching for Scientific Womanpower: Technocratic Feminism and the Politics of National Security, 1940-1980," CNU History Professor Dr. Laura Puaca sheds new light on the history of American feminism, the politics of national security and the complicated relationship between the two.
- Ferguson Center Announces 2014-15 SeasonBroadway blockbusters, world-famous performing artists, dignitaries and diverse family entertainment will comprise Christopher Newport University's Ferguson Center for the Arts 2014-15 season.
- American Studies Professor Publishes New BookIn his new book, "Emancipation, the Union Army, and the Reelection of Abraham Lincoln," Dr. Jonathan W. White offers a compelling reinterpretation of the presidential election of 1864.
- Professor Vachris Appointed to Governor's Joint Advisory Board of EconomistsDr. Michelle Albert Vachris was appointed on June 3 by Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe to serve on the Governor's Joint Advisory Board of Economists.